Saturday, August 20, 2011

The beginnings of my Hong Kong adventure

I arrived to the airport (Detroit) last Wednesday with plenty of time to spare. We departed at about 7:30 pm, August 17th. The flight was about 15 hours, which went well. I met some cool people on the plane and got some sleep in. We actually flew north, through Canada, Russia and Mongolia which sort of surprised me, I expected we would go either east or west but that was faster. Unfortunately, my flight was delayed which caused me to miss my ride to Lingnan University, but our school's handbook contained specific directions for what to do in such a situation. I was able to take a bus, and then a taxi directly to my hostel where I checked in at about 2:00 am, August 19th. It was such a strange feeling, wondering what happened to August 18th. The 12 hour time difference can account for some of that. And, some how, I suffered no jet lag! Yay!