Monday, September 26, 2011

Beach Camping

I have been told that Hong Kong is one of the safest cities in the world, I think it really is true. Over the weekend I went camping with a group of friends. After a long day of traveling to our destination, I left my purse on the bus, which contained my phone, camera, credit card, cash and forms of identification. There was little I could do about it at that point, so I tried to put it out of my mind, but I really was devastated. The next day I struggled to communicate through broken English with the bus driver. With help I was able to find the office where my purse could have possibly turned in, although I had no real hopes of actually finding it. To my absolute shock, my purse was there! There was nothing missing! Words cannot explain how happy I was. So, this post is dedicated to the honesty and integrity of the people and Hong Kong and to being more careful in the future. I am so lucky :)

By the way, although I didn't have my camera at the time to document it, we had a great night camping. We had a fire in the sand and went swimming in the ocean. There were about 12 of us and we had the whole beach to ourselves. Picture perfect!